If you’ve ever wondered if there’s a healthier way to make and enjoy rice krispies treats then you’ve come to the right place. These homemade Almond Butter Rice Krispies treats recipes uses almond butter and melted marshmallows to bind the rice cereal together instead of just butter and marshmallows, and the result is surprisingly decision! Sticky, crispy and golden – one bite and you get that rich roasted almond flavor that is guaranteed to make you want another bite.
Like the traditional recipe, this rice krispies treats recipe is no-bake and made all in a sauce pan (so easy on the clean up!)
HERE ARE THE INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE THIS
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link
- Rice Krispies Cereal – any flavor or variety of your choice
- Mini Marshmallows
- Coconut oil / Butter
- Almond Butter – like this one. You can also use other natural nut butters like pecan butter, walnut butter, cashew butter, mixed nut butter, or even seed butter like sunflower. So many choices!
More Healthy Snack Recipes
How to Make
Almond Butter Rice Krispies Treats
In a large saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in almond butter and mix until well combined. Add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat, and add the rice cereal to the marshmallow mixture until they are well coated.
Pour the mixture into a greased (cooking spray works fine) pan and press down lightly so that the tops are smooth.
Let it cool for about an hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Feel free to experiment on using different nut butter. Instead of almond butter you can also use pecan butter, walnut butter, cashew butter, mixed nut butter, or seed butter like sunflower or pumpkin seed butter.
- You can also bake this in a muffin pan instead of a cake pan.
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition.
- Did you know that cinnamon, matcha and turmeric are all good sources of antioxidants? Add a teaspoon or two of some of these superfood powders to make this recipe even better!
How to Store
- You can store these almond butter rice krispies treats covered at room temperature for up to 5 days. For longer storage, you can place them in a plastic freezer bag or airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 4 months.
- heat the almond butter and marshmallows over low heat to ensure that they don’t burn.
- You’ll have to be a bit quick when mixing the rice krispies cereal with the marshmallow and almond butter mixture, since it’ll harden as it cools.
You Might Also Like these Fall Recipes
Almond Butter Rice Krispies
- 2 T coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 c rice krispies rice cereal
- Grease a glass loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in almond butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the rice cereal into the marshmallow mixture until they are well coated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased (cooking spray works fine) pan and press down lightly so that the tops are smooth.
- Let it cool for about an hour. Cut into squares, and enjoy