Here is an awesome easy finger sandwich idea for your upcoming Summer holidays and get-togethers! 🌴🌻☀️🍉 Cucumber Finger Sandwich Triangles!
Summer… we just love them too much. The bright summer sun is a happy invite to get that blast of freshness with the beautiful vegetables and fruits. Picnic, pool parties, and BBQ gatherings are all I know about the summer holidays. And you know what’s important about gatherings. FOOD!
Did you know that cucumber is the best vegetable to beat the heat of the summer? I didn’t know this before but it makes sense now why so many people make chillers and detox summer drinks out of it. People make salads out of cucumbers and pickles for their sandwiches. On a side note, my favorite way to eat cucumber is in sushi. While eating the fresh sushi and seeing the sun goes down, my mind caught an idea, and oops I digress! Here I am with a new recipe.
Here’s my recipe for an easy 4-ingredient Open Face Cucumber Sandwich Triangles. They have that chewy soft bread base, delicious cream cheese, the layer of beautifully sliced cucumbers, and one of my favorite ingredients everything bagel seasoning for texture and taste that binds everything together. I know you are surprised, but you have to try these super quick and delicious sandwich triangles.
Ingredients Used to Make This
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Sandwich Bread – whole wheat, gluten-free, keto sandwich bread of your choice. Just use what you have at home and the results will be the same
- Cream cheese – any cream cheese of choice can be used here, including vegan or paleo (like this delicious herbed cashew cream cheese by The Paleo Running Momma, recipe here)
- Cucumber slices – Fresh and sliced thin (I used a mandoline like this one to cut them into thin slices)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – This is one of my favorite seasonings to sprinkle on veggies, pasta, salads and more! Made with savory ingredients like garlic and onion flakes, and nutritious sesame seeds, it’s a perfect finger sandwich topping I highly recommend you use for this recipe.
How to Make
Cucumber Finger Sandwiches
Apply a layer of cream cheese on a slice of bread
Layer thin slices of cucumber on top of the cheese
Press lightly so that the cucumber slices stick and don’t fall apart when handled
slice away the crust of the sandwich bread
Top with an everything bagel seasoning
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- You can use yellow squash or zucchini slices instead of cucumber
- Instead of everything bagel seasoning, try sesame seeds, red pepper flakes or even chopped fresh herbs!
How to Make this Gluten Free or Vegan
- You can make this gluten-free by using gluten-free sandwich bread like this one
- Vegan cream cheese is now readily available in grocery stores! I love using cream cheese made of almond milk, like this one
How to Store
- You can store these sandwiches covered at room temperature for up to 2-3 hours. For longer storage, you can place them in a plastic freezer bag or airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Note that the longer you store them in the fridge the bread will become soggier…so it’s recommended that you eat them on the day they are made
- Whipped cream cheese is recommended for easy spreading, but not required!
You Might Also Like these Recipes
Cucumber Finger Sandwich Triangles
- 4 slices sandwich bread of choice
- 3-4 Tbsp whipped cream cheese , low fat
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Spread whipped cream cheese on one side of the sandwich bread slice
- Top and layer with fresh Cucumber slices
- With a serrated knife, cut away the crust of the sliced bread
- Slice into smaller squares or triangles
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning