The Strawberry protein balls are quick and easy to make, just like counting 1, 2, 3. I really mean it. You don't have to get out of bed for the entire snack preparation. All you need is just three ingredients, mix and roll, pop into your mouth, and look at me happily dancing to my bed. It is also a perfect day snack, and a surprisingly fun activity for kids, friends and your whole family.
I'm sure you would have experienced this one time or another: a midnight or midday craving. It's usually annoying since these cravings have such an odd timing that you cannot pamper yourself with a meal or something lighter. Sure there are chips, veg chips, or nuts. But aren't you tired of the same old snacks?
In today's recipe, I'm proudly sharing the strawberry protein balls. Strawberries are one of those gifts from nature that can be used in any desserts. The tangy and sweet flavor with a crunchy and jam-like texture is just perfect.
Here's why I love this recipe
- easy to prepare
- only 3 ingredients
- low calories
Ingredients used to make Strawberry Protein Balls
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Strawberries - Fresh or frozen. You can puree them either in a small blender (like NutriBullet) or using a mortar and pestle. You can also finely mash the strawberries with a fork.
- Protein Powder – You can use any protein powder for this, but I found that whey protein tends to produce gummier results. I used a vanilla plant-based protein powder, like this one below. If you use unsweetened protein powder, you may need to add 1-2 Tbsp of sugar in this recipe.
- Coconut Flour - you can use any brand of coconut flour for this recipe. Here is a brand of coconut flour I like to use.
More Strawberry Recipes
How to Make
3-Ingredient Strawberry Protein Balls
puree strawberries in a small blender (like NutriBullet) or using a mortar and pestle. The strawberries have enough water in them so you don't need to add any water when blending. You can also finely mash the strawberries with a fork.
Mix together protein powder, coconut flour and ¼ cup of the strawberry puree - I find that it’s best to use my hands to mix the dough because it takes some kneading and pressing to get the dough to come together.
THIS IS OPTIONAL: you can add chopped strawberries for more texture
Roll the batter into tablespoon-sized balls, refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Feel free to experiment with natural flavoring / extracts. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn't feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as lemon extract or cream cheese extract.
- Turn them into a strawberry protein bar! RECIPE HERE
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition. Even better, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Store
- Store these protein balls covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
SEE ALL OF MY PROTEIN BALL RECIPES HERE
- Coconut flour and protein powders are all very different depending on brands, so if you find that the dough is too soft, add more coconut flour; if the dough is too thick, add a teaspoon or more of water, honey or liquid sweetener of choice.
3 Ingredient Strawberry Protein Balls
- Puree the strawberries either in a small blender (like NutriBullet) or using a mortar and pestle. You can also finely mash the strawberries with a fork.
- Mix the strawberry puree, coconut flour, and protein powder of choice into a bowl and mix well.*
- Add more coconut flour if the dough is too soft, add a teaspoon or more of water, honey or liquid sweetener of choice if the dough is too thick**
- THIS IS OPTIONAL: add some chopped strawberries into the dough to add texture
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls, and it's done! For best results, set the protein balls in the fridge for 15 minutes before eating.