These Strawberry Santas make the cutest Christmas treats for kids and adults alike! Made with sweetened Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream, these bite-sized snacks are healthy, adorable, and takes only a few minutes to make!
Ingredients used to make these Healthy Strawberry Santas
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Fresh Strawberries, washed and stems removed
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt – strained of excess water. For vegan options, use Dairy-Free Yogurt such as Coconut Yogurt.
- Black Sesame Seeds – black sesame seeds will be used for the strawberry “eyes.” If you don’t have black sesame seeds handy you can also use whole brown flaxseeds, chia seeds or even mini chocolate chips.
More Recipes Using Strawberries HERE
Here’s a Step by Step Guide
How to Make Healthy Greek Yogurt Strawberry Santas
Wash and cut away the stem from the strawberries
Cut the strawberries in half, then pipe a tablespoon sized dollop of Greek yogurt for the santa face
place the other strawberry half on top of the piped greek yogurt
Use tweezers to attach the black sesame seed eyes
Pipe a small bit of Greek yogurt on the tip of the strawberries for the pom pom
Also apply Greek yogurt on the base of the strawberry to make the top button. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Flavor these Strawberry Santas with natural flavoring / extracts. Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as peppermint extract or even a teaspoon of rum (adults only!)
- Instead of Greek yogurt, you can use sweetened whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting
What are some ways you can eat these?
- As appetizers / finger food / snacks
- On top of cakes, like for decorations (see below)
How to Store
- These are best eaten immediately, but if you can’t you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You should keep these snacks COLD if you don’t mean to eat these immediately and plan to serve them to guests later. Once the Greek yogurt/ whipped cream softens up and you’ll start to see the Santa hats slipping…
Healthy Greek Yogurt Strawberry Santas
- 12 fresh strawberries , washed and stems removed
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt strained of excess liquid
- 1 tsp of raw black sesame seeds
- Cut the strawberries in half, then pipe a tablespoon sized dollop of Greek yogurt on the strawberry half for the Santa face
- place the other strawberry half on top of the piped greek yogurt
- Use tweezers to attach the black sesame seed eyes
- Pipe a small bit of Greek yogurt on the tip of the strawberries for the pom pom
- Also apply Greek yogurt on the base of the strawberry to make the top button
Leave a Reply