These Strawberry Santas make the cutest Christmas treats for kids and adults alike! Made with sweetened Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream, these bite-sized snacks are healthy, adorable, and takes only a few minutes to make!
Ingredients used to make these cuties
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or Dairy-Free Yogurt such as Coconut Yogurt)
- Black Sesame Seeds
You can also use Unsweetened Greek Yogurt for this recipe. To sweeten, add 1 Tbsp of sugar or liquid sweeteners of choice. But this is completely optional!
- Honey – You can use honey for this recipe but you can use other liquid sweeteners of choice like maple syrup, agave syrup, or liquid stevia
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – I love the flavor that Sweetened Condensed Milk adds to yogurt. You can use regular or a dairy-free one like this Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk.
How to Make, Step by Step
- Slice strawberries in half
- Pipe a big dollop of Greek yogurt
- Use a culinary tong (like this) or regular tweezers to attach the black sesame seed “eyes”
- Pipe a small bit of Greek yogurt on the tip of the strawberries
- Also a little more on the base for the top button
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Flavor these Strawberry Santas with natural flavoring / extracts. Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as peppermint extract or even a teaspoon of rum (adults only!)
- Instead of Greek yogurt, you can use sweetened whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting
What are some ways you can eat these?
- As appetizers / finger food / snacks
- On top of cakes, like for decorations (see below)
How to Store
- These are best eaten immediately, but if you can’t you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You should keep these snacks COLD if you don’t mean to eat these immediately and plan to serve them to guests later. Once the Greek yogurt/ whipped cream softens up and you’ll start to see the Santa hats slipping…