Yes, you've read it right. It's TOFU cookies made with almond flour, then stuffed with a heap of low fat (vegan) cream cheese. Scroll down for the recipe!
How pretty is that? It’s cream cheese stuffed almond flour tofu cookies!! The chopped strawberries give each bite a nice pop of tart flavor, and the tofu is there to make it extra soft and tender.
Ingredients used to make these Cookies
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Almond flour – I used blanched almond flour
- Coconut flour – coconut flour does not substitute well, and I can’t recommend swapping coconut flour with other ingredients unless you absolutely had to (2 Tbsp coconut flour = ½ cup almond flour). Unfortunately, you probably won’t get the same texture or mouthfeel as the original recipe.
- Salt – Pink Himalayan salt is what I have at home, so it’s what I use, but you can use any kind for this recipe. Since I use only a small amount, the conversion (between kosher and fine salt, for example) isn’t necessary.
- Silken Tofu- (firm) like this one
More Tofu Recipes
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Instead of strawberries, you can use finely diced lemon zest, orange zest, apples, pear, or dried fruits like cranberries, raisins or apricot
- Add lemon extract to the cream cheese filling
How to Store
Because of the cream cheese filling I would recommend that you store these cookies in the fridge, up to 5 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them up to 4 months. Defrost at room temperature.
- Use batter right away after prep. They will dry out over time, so I've found that you don’t want the batter sitting out on the counter for too long.
- Baking time (as well as serving size) will vary based on the size of your your cookie, the amount of the cream cheese filling, the material (silicone vs metal) of the pan, etc. Bake the cookies until the color is slightly golden on the top, or until the base of the cookies are browned and can slide off the baking pan easily.
More cookie recipes you'll love
Cream-Cheese Stuffed Tofu Cookie (Made with Almond Flour)
- ⅔ cup cream cheese of choice**
- ½ tsp stevia
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar + water glaze
- Cream oil and sugar together then add the rest of the ingredients in order until smooth dough forms. Chill in the fridge for half an hour, then scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto parchment lined cookie pan, top with 1 tbsp of cream cheese filling then use another 1-2 tablespoon of cookie dough to cover filling entirely. Does not spread at all during baking so make sure to press down a bit.
- Bake in oven 350F for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden. Drizzle with some glaze if desired. Let cool before eating and store in fridge or freezer to eat later. ENJOY! 😘
**cream cheese can be low fat or regular, or dairy free (made from almond milk)