Easter is the perfect time to indulge in all things chocolate, and what better way to do so than with homemade chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs? That's why I've put together a list of fun and easy chocolate Easter egg filling ideas to impress your friends and family! With these easy filling ideas, you can take your Easter eggs to the next level.
First...the Flavor Ideas!
Here’s a ridiculously easy, no-bake, 3-ingredient peanut butter Easter eggs recipe that’s made with peanut butter powder (like PB Fit and PB2) and applesauce! The defatted peanut butter powder keeps this recipe low calorie and low fat. Meanwhile, the addition of applesauce provides the needed moisture and subtle sweetness to the Easter Eggs.
Easy 3 Ingredient PB Fit Easter Eggs with ApplesauceSee Recipe
All you need is some peanut butter powder (like PB Fit and PB2), mashed bananas, and your favorite chocolate for dipping to make these easy Banana Chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs.
Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Chocolate Easter EggsSee Recipe
Fall flavors meet Easter with these delicious chocolate Easter eggs filled with a creamy pumpkin filling. If you're a pumpkin lover, you're in for a treat. These chocolate eggs are the perfect blend of sweetness and spice, and the creamy pumpkin spice peanut butter filling is the ultimate indulgence.
PB Fit Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Easter EggsSee Recipe
4. Greek Yogurt
This high protein peanut butter easter eggs is THE guilt free treat you've been waiting for! The addition of PB powder enhances the nutty flavor without the excess calories or fat, while the Greek yogurt adds a protein boost and the necessary moisture to hold the ingredients together.
Greek Yogurt & Peanut Butter Easter EggsSee Recipe
5. Protein Powder
This Easter, indulge in your chocolate cravings guilt-free with these delicious and protein-packed chocolate Easter eggs. Not only are they a tasty treat, but the protein powder filling will also help keep you full and on track with your diet goals.
Easy 3 Ingredient Protein Powder Easter EggsSee Recipe
6. Peanut Butter Strawberry
For those of you who love peanut butter and strawberry jelly, let me tell you that these delicious PB Fit Strawberry White Chocolate Easter Eggs taste just like your favorite childhood sandwich, with creamy and nutty peanut butter filling blended with sweet and tangy strawberry puree, coated white chocolate for a decadent and delightful treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
Strawberry White Chocolate Easter EggsSee Recipe
Filling Add In Ideas
Here are some easy ideas for add-ins to make your peanut butter Easter eggs even more delicious. To incorporate add ins into your peanut butter filling, simply mix them in before shaping the mixture into eggs.
1. Chocolate Chips
Who doesn’t love the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate? Add a handful of mini chocolate chips to your peanut butter filling for an extra burst of chocolate flavor and a satisfying bite. You'll love them paired with this banana chocolate easter egg recipe!
If you’re looking for a heartier filling, consider adding oatmeal to your peanut butter mixture. It provides a satisfying texture and a boost of fiber to keep you feeling full. Below I paired my pumpkin spice easter eggs with old fashioned oats!
Chopped nuts such as almonds, cashews, and pecans add a satisfying crunch to your peanut butter filling. They also provide healthy fats and protein to keep you feeling full and energized. Below I paired my banana chocolate easter eggs with walnuts and raisins!
3. Confetti Rainbow Sprinkles
Confetti sprinkles are a colorful and fun addition to peanut butter Easter egg fillings. Not only do they add a festive touch to the treats, but they also provide a satisfying crunch. Try it with my Greek Yogurt & Peanut Butter Easter Eggs recipe HERE
4. Dehydrated or Dried Fruit
Dehydrated fruits (as well as dried fruits) are a perfect addition to peanut butter easter egg fillings. The sweet and tangy bites of fruit are bursting with flavor and add a great texture to the creamy peanut butter filling. Plus, they add a pop of color to the easter egg filling, making them visually appealing as well. Try dehydrated strawberries, like I did below, but you can also try dried cranberries, cherries, or even dried mango.
5. Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder is a natural pairing with peanut butter, and adding it to your Easter egg filling is a surefire way to create a decadent, chocolatey treat. Simply mix a tablespoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder into your peanut butter mixture until it's fully incorporated. This simple addition will make your peanut butter Easter eggs taste like a rich, homemade truffle!
6. Coconut Flakes
For a tropical twist on your Easter eggs, add some shredded coconut to your peanut butter filling. The coconut adds a delicious nutty flavor and a crunchy texture that pairs perfectly with the creamy peanut butter.
More Ideas to Try for your Easter Egg Fillings!
- Ground flaxseeds: These tiny powerhouses are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein. Mixing them into your peanut butter filling adds a nutty flavor and a nutritious boost.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are another great source of healthy fats and protein, as well as essential minerals like iron and magnesium. They have a slightly nutty flavor that pairs well with peanut butter.
- Instant coffee powder: Adding instant coffee powder to your peanut butter filling creates a delicious mocha flavor. Coffee is also known to boost metabolism and improve focus, making this a great option for a mid-afternoon snack.
- Matcha powder: For a unique twist on traditional peanut butter filling, try adding matcha powder. This powdered green tea is rich in antioxidants and has a slightly earthy, vegetal flavor that complements the nuttiness of the peanut butter.
- Dried Cranberries - These tart little bites are the perfect complement to sweet and creamy peanut butter. They're also packed with antioxidants and are a good source of fiber.
- Dried Apricots - These sweet and tangy fruits add a unique texture and flavor to your peanut butter filling. They're also a great source of vitamin A and potassium.
- Dehydrated Apple Chips - If you're looking for a crunch, dehydrated apple chips are the way to go. They add a sweet and tangy flavor to your peanut butter filling, and they're also a good source of fiber.
- Dehydrated Pineapple - Another tropical fruit that pairs perfectly with peanut butter. Dehydrated pineapple is chewy and sweet, and it's a good source of vitamin C.