Here’s an easy, 4 ingredient recipe for guilt-free and healthy protein balls that will bring out your inner kid: almond butter & graham protein balls
Teddy Bear grahams are one of my favorite childhood treats. They’re sweet, crunchy and just so adorable, I knew I had to come up with a recipe that featured it as the main ingredient. In this recipe, teddy graham crackers/cookies are crushed and incorporated into deliciously nutty, energy packed bites. The creamy and nutty almond butter is the glue that holds the crushed cookies and the protein powder together. And that final drizzle of chocolate, some chopped nuts and that cute teddy bear pressed on top make these protein balls extra special. I tell you, these protein balls won’t last very long!
Ingredients used to make this
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Protein Powder – You can use any protein powder for this, but I found that whey protein tends to produce gummier results. I used a Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder like this one below.
- Almond Butter – like this one. You can also use other natural nut butters like pecan butter, walnut butter, cashew butter, mixed nut butter, or even seed butter like sunflower. So many choices!
- Graham Crackers / Cookies – I used Teddy Grahams Honey Graham Snacks (because they’re cute), but you can use any graham crackers to make this.
- Milk of choice – dairy or non-dairy.
- Chocolate Chips – you can use any chocolate chips in this recipe. I like this lower sugar, stevia-sweetened brand
How to Make Graham & Almond Butter Protein Balls
Graham & Almond Butter Protein Balls
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
Roll the batter into tablespoon-sized balls, refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Note: I find that it’s best to use my hands to mix the dough because it takes some kneading and pressing to get the dough to come together.
Drizzle with melted chocolate, sprinkle with almond pieces and graham cookie pieces. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Cinnamon Graham Cracker Protein Balls – add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Chocolate Chip Graham Protein Balls – add 2 Tbsps of mini chocolate chips
- Feel free to experiment with natural flavoring / extracts. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as lemon extract or raspberry extract
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition. Even better, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Store
- Store these protein balls covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- protein powders are very different depending on brands, so if you find that the dough is too soft, add more protein powder; if the dough is too thick, add a teaspoon or more of milk, honey or liquid sweetener of choice.
More Energy Bite Recipes
Graham & Almond Butter Protein Balls
- 2 Tbsp graham cookies crushed
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp protein powder
- 1-2 Tbsp almond mlk
- Mix all ingredients together. Add more protein powder if the dough is too soft, add a teaspoon or more of water, or almond milk if the dough is too thick**
- Roll the batter into tablespoon sized balls, refrigerate for 15 minutes to set
- Optional: melt 2 Tablespoons of chocolate chips and drizzle over the protein balls, and sprinkle with almond pieces and graham cookies
Leave a Reply