The 3-ingredient Dulce De Leche protein balls are just as decadent and simple as it sounds like. Just mix dulce de leche, protein powder and coconut flour –viola! Fudgy, chewy and delicious bites of instant energy and protein without any fuss. You will be dancing in happiness because of its dense and fudge texture without guilt!
Dulce de Leche is one of the most sophisticated confections for me. Notoriously indulgent, with that velvety sweet and mellow toffee or butterscotch-like flavoring, dulce de leche is just so perfect with any dessert it pairs with – ice cream, cakes, cookies, even dessert dips! If you are a butterscotch or caramel lover, you will understand my sentiments!
What I love about this recipe
- Easy to make (only 3 ingredients!)
- High in protein
- Full of fiber and nutritious!
- Takes less than 5 minutes to make and eat
- Indulgent and fudgy
Ingredients used to make this
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Protein Powder – You can use any protein powder for this. I used a vanilla plant-based protein powder.
- Coconut Flour – you can use any brand of coconut flour for this recipe.
- Dulce de Leche – a caramel-like spread that originates from Latin America that is made by heating milk and sugar for many hours
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Add natural flavoring / extracts. You can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as caramel flavoring, hazelnut extract or almond extract.
- Coat these in melted white chocolate to turn these into truffles
- Love coffee or mocha? Add either a teaspoon of coffee extract or espresso powder to the batter
- Add up to 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder, Cardamom or Chai Tea Powder.
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition. Even better, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Store
- Store these protein balls covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- Coconut flour and protein powders are all very different depending on brands, so if you find that the dough is too soft, add more coconut flour; if the dough is too thick, add a teaspoon or more of water, honey or liquid sweetener of choice.
More Energy Bite Recipes
3-Ingredient Dulce de Leche Protein Balls
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. (read note**)
- Add more coconut flour if the dough is too soft, add a teaspoon or more of water or milk of choice if the dough is too thick
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls, and refrigerate 15 minutes to help set