It's tiramisu plus banana, the perfect sweet dessert flavor combination!
I have always been a sucker for finger snacks. For me, snacks are like a bite of energy that will recharge your battery on a long day. One of my favorite forms of snacks is making them into balls. For me, it is an ideal shape that you can pop into your mouth at any time. And when they are filled with decadent and sweet flavors, you will feel a rush of happiness within you.
That's why this Vegan Tiramisu Protein Balls is one of my favorite things to make and eat when I need a healthy but indulgent snack!
What else I love about this recipe
- Easy to make (just 6 ingredients!)
- Vegan-friendly, if you use vegan cream cheese
- Full of fiber and nutritious!
- A perfect healthy treat
- Based on my favorite indulgent dessert, tiramisu!
Ingredients used to make this
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Mashed banana - it's best to use ripe bananas (the ones with brown spots). This contributes just the perfect amount of sweetness. If you don't like bananas, you can also use mashed sweet potatoes instead
- Protein Powder – You can use any vanilla flavored protein powder for this protein ball recipe, but I used this plant-based protein powder with an added “superfood” powder which I’ve found turns out darker than regular vanilla protein powders. Just something to have in mind when you compare my photos with yours!
- Coconut Flour - you can use any brand of coconut flour for this recipe.
- Instant Coffee Granules - like this one
- Cream Cheese - I used vegan (almond milk) cream cheese, like the one below, but you can also use dairy cream cheese
More Healthy Recipes Using Bananas
How to Make
Banana Tiramisu Protein Balls
Mix all ingredients together (except the coffee granules) in a bowl. Add more coconut flour if the dough is too soft, add a teaspoon or more of water or milk of choice if the dough is too thick
Add coffee granules at the very end (to make the speckled effect)
Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls, and refrigerate 15 minutes to help set
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Add natural flavoring / extracts. You can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as caramel flavoring, hazelnut extract or almond extract.
- Add mini chocolate chips, or up to 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder to make these chocolate flavored
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition. Even better, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Store
- Store these protein balls covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- Coconut flour and protein powders are all very different depending on brands, so if you find that the dough is too soft, add more coconut flour; if the dough is too thick, add a teaspoon or more of water, honey or liquid sweetener of choice.
More Energy Bite Recipes
Vegan Tiramisu Protein Balls
- Mix all ingredients (except the instant coffee granules) together in a bowl. Add more coconut flour if the dough is too soft, add a teaspoon or more of water or milk of choice if the dough is too thick
- Add the instant coffee granules last, to make the speckled effect
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls, and refrigerate 15 minutes to help set