This guilt-free ice cream (aka "nicecream") is made with just 3 ingredients! Prepared all in the food processor, there's no need to churn this in an icecream that's vegan, low-calorie and dairy free.
Perhaps you’ve heard you can make no-churn ice cream with literally any ingredient by using frozen bananas. Yes, when frozen, the tropical fruit’s thick consistency tastes and feels like a creamy scoop of ice cream, and trust me, banana-based ice cream is a game-changer.
Here are all the reasons why I love this healthy coffee nice cream:
- no churn, made in the food processor or a high-power blender
- only 3 ingredients
- low calorie, low fat, and healthy
Ingredients used to make this healthy coffee icecream
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas - best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Stevia - In order to keep this low in calories, I used stevia. You can also use other low calorie sweeteners. Another option is to add 1 Tbsp of honey for this recipe or other liquid sweeteners of choice like maple syrup, agave syrup, or liquid stevia
- Coffee / Espresso - adding coffee extract or espresso powder gives this icecream the delicious coffee flavor.
More Banana Recipes
How to Make Nicecream
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for Nicecream:
- Texture - Add some nuts, dried fruits or mini chocolate chips to keep this icecream interesting.
- Double Chocolate Chip Nicecream- Just add 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder and fold in some chocolate chips to the Nicecream before freezing.
- Coffee Cookies and Cream- Add oreos pieces or other sandwich cookies into the icecream before freezing.
- With natural flavoring / extracts. Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn't feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as caramel flavoring, hazelnut extract or almond extract.
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a protein boost, you can also add a Tablespoon of protein powder of your choice when blending. I've tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder. You can also use chocolate protein powder
What are some ways you can eat these?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store
- This coffee nice cream is best eaten within 1-2 days. The longer it is left frozen the harder it’d be to scoop. For best icecream consistency, take container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it’s in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nicecream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender to ensure the best results.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Healthy 3 Ingredient Coffee Banana Nicecream
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 tsp instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 3 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
- Peel and slice the bananas to 1 inch slices
- Spread the banana slices on a parchment paper or inside a 1 gallon ziploc bag and freeze overnight (or until frozen solid)
- Prepare the coffee syrup by mixing the instant coffee granules with the liquid sweetener of choice. Stir and let sit on the counter until the coffee granules/powder have completely dissolved.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender* blend frozen banana slices and coffee "syrup" together until smooth
- Serve immediately as a soft serve, or pour into a glass (pyrex) or metal loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap or lid and freeze**