Here’s one of my favorite nice cream recipes that I make when I’m craving something creamy and coffee-flavored: vegan tiramisu nice cream! Like most of my other nice cream treats, this recipe only requires a couple of ingredients and you don’t need an ice cream machine to make this for yourself and family. Enjoy!
Ingredients used to make this vegan tiramisu nice cream recipe
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas – best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Cream Cheese – In this recipe, you’re welcome to use any kind of cream cheese you have at home. I used vegan (coconut based) cream cheese in the photos, but you can also use regular dairy derived cream cheese (low fat, fat free, full fat), or other vegan alternatives like Tofutti.
- Coffee – It’s not tiramisu without coffee! You can either use extra dark / concentrated coffee, storebought coffee extract, or make your own by mixing 1 Tbsp of instant coffee with 3 Tbsp of hot water.
- Cocoa Powder – for deco / sifting on top of the nice cream
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Vegan Tiramisu Nice Cream
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them, which is what I did here.
Blend the frozen bananas and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
Have a quick taste, and add more sweetener if desired
You can eat this nice cream as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container, such as pyrex glass containers
Sift cocoa powder on top
Freezer for about 5 hours, or overnight.
Scoop and enjoy!
How to Make this Vegan Tiramisu Nice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a small protein boost, you can also add a tablespoon or two of protein powder of your choice when blending. I’ve tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat these?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
- Serve with cheesecake bites (here’s the recipe! Vegan recipe here)
How to Store
- This nice cream needs to be stored in the freezer and tastes best within a few days, but it can be frozen for up to 3 months. For the best nice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins when you’re ready to eat. If it’s in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
Click (HERE) to See All of my Nice Cream Posts!
Vegan Tiramisu Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 medium bananas , about 450 grams sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese of choice*
- 3 Tbsp extra concentrated coffee, coffee extract, or instant coffee mixed with hot water** , see notes
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder , for sifting on top
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with cream cheese and coffee extract until smooth. See my notes on coffee extract substitutes.
- Do a quick taste test, and blend in sweetener if desired****
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat
- Use a mini sieve to sprinkle on cocoa powder on top.