Here's a basic, easy 3-ingredient vegan cheesecake bites recipe that you can use to fill your favorite mooncake and mochi recipe! If you're looking for a non-vegan version using regular cream cheese, go to this post here.
Ingredients Used to Make This
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Dairy Free, Vegan Cream Cheese – such as Tofutti or Cashew Milk Cream Cheese. I used a Coconut Oil based Cream cheese like below
- Tapioca Flour
- Sugar of Choice – I used monk fruit sweetener, but you can also use other granulated sugar of choice
Step by Step Guide
Vegan Mini Cheesecake Bites
whisk or blend cream cheese with sugar and tapioca flour until smooth
Line a 5 x5 inch square pan with parchment paper
Pour into a 5 x5 inch square pan
and bake 350F for 15 minutes, or until the middle has set. Let cool in the freezer until completely frozen
cut into 1 ½ inch squares and keep frozen until ready to use
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for Vegan Cheesecake Bites:
- ALMOND BUTTER CHEESECAKE - Add 2 Tbsp of almond butter to the cheesecake batter before baking
- PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE - add 2 Tbsp of peanut butter and 2 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE - Add 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder and fold in 2 Tbsp of chocolate chips to the batter.
- COFFEE CHEESECAKE - Add either 1 teaspoon of coffee extract or espresso powder.
- CHAI CHEESECAKE - Add 1 tsp of Cardamom Powder or Chai Tea Powder to the batter
- MATCHA CHEESECAKE - Add 1 tsp of matcha powder
- Also, you can add other natural flavoring / extracts : Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn't feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as caramel flavoring, hazelnut extract or almond extract. You can also try lemon extract, orange peel, or peppermint extract.
More Mooncake Fillings
Vegan Mini Cheesecake Bites for Mooncakes and Mochi Filling
- Blend or whisk cream cheese with tapioca flour and sugar until smooth.
- Pour into a 5 x5 inch square pan and bake 350F for 15 minutes, or until the middle has set
- Let cool in the freezer until completely frozen
- Cut into 1 ½ inch squares and keep frozen until ready to use