Making icecream at home has never been easier! This guilt-free ice cream (aka "nicecream") is made in the food processor with just 3 ingredients. The matcha powder is a real star in this icecream, providing the deep earthy flavor and vibrant green color. It's a perfect cold treat that's thick, sweet and smooth. And only 100 calories per serving!
Ingredients used to make this healthy matcha icecream
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas - best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Stevia - In order to keep this under 100 calories, I used stevia. You can also use other low-calorie sweeteners. Another option is to add 1 Tbsp of honey for this recipe or other liquid sweeteners of choice like maple syrup, agave syrup, or liquid stevia
- Matcha Powder - I usually use culinary grade for when I bake and save the ceremonial grade for drinking
More Banana Recipes to Check Out
How to Make Nicecream
How to Make Matcha Nicecream In the Food Processor
Slice and freeze bananas
Blend the frozen bananas and rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
Eat as soft serve or freeze
Scoop and enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for Nicecream:
- Texture - Add some nuts, dried fruits or mini chocolate chips to keep this icecream interesting.
- Chocolate Chip Matcha Nicecream- Just fold in some chocolate chips to the Nicecream before freezing.
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a protein boost, you can also add a Tablespoon of protein powder of your choice when blending. I've tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder. You can also use chocolate protein powder
What are some ways you can eat these?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store
- This matcha nicecream is best eaten within 1-2 days. The longer it is left frozen the harder it'd be to scoop. For best icecream consistency, take container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nicecream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender to ensure the best results.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Healthy 3 Ingredient Matcha Nicecream
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 3 tsp liquid sweetener of choice optional
- Peel and slice the bananas to 1 inch slices
- Spread the banana slices on a parchment paper or inside a 1 gallon ziploc bag and freeze overnight (or until frozen solid)
- In a food processor or high-powered blender** blend frozen banana slices, matcha powder and liquid sweetener together until smooth
- Serve immediately as a soft serve, or pour into a glass (pyrex) or metal loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap or lid and freeze
- For best icecream consistency, take container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.