Craving a taste of fall? This Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Spice Nice Cream Recipe is a perfect treat for the season. Made with only 4 ingredients and a food processor, this creamy and spiced ice cream is bursting with the flavor of pumpkin and cinnamon.
If you’re looking for a healthy and guilt-free dessert, this pumpkin nice cream is the perfect option. NO heavy cream and NO refined sugar. This recipe uses frozen bananas as the base for a creamy texture and natural sweetness. Plus, the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice gives it a delicious seasonal twist.
Ingredients used to make Pumpkin Pie Spice Nice Cream
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas – best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Pumpkin puree – I used canned pumpkin puree, which you can find in the baking aisle.
- Maple Syrup – I used maple syrup for this recipe but you can use other liquid sweeteners of choice like honey, agave syrup, or liquid stevia
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – like this from Trader Joes
More Banana Recipes
How to Make
Pumpkin Pie Spice Nice Cream In the Food Processor
Slice and freeze bananas
Blend the frozen bananas and rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
Pour frozen mixture into freezer safe container
Eat as soft serve or freeze for at least 5 hours
Scoop and serve!
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for Pumpkin Pie Spice Nice Cream:
There are many ways to switch up the flavors and add some extra texture to your Pumpkin Pie Spice Nice Cream. Here are some recipe variations and optional add-ins to consider:
- Nutty Twist: Add a scoop of almond butter or peanut butter to the mix for a nutty, creamy flavor. You can also top the nice cream with chopped nuts for a crunchy texture.
- Chocolate Lovers: For a chocolatey twist, add some cocoa powder or chocolate chips to the mix. You can also drizzle melted chocolate on top of the nice cream for an extra decadent touch.
- Gingerbread Flavor: Add some ground ginger, nutmeg, and molasses to the mix for a warm and spicy gingerbread flavor.
- Toasted Coconut: Mix in some toasted coconut flakes for a tropical twist and extra crunch.
FAQ: How do you make nice cream thicker?
To make nice cream thicker, you can freeze the bananas for a longer period of time: The longer you freeze the bananas, the firmer they become, resulting in a thicker nice cream. You can also pre-freeze the pumpkin before using, or add nut butter to the recipe, since adding a tablespoon or two of nut butter, such as almond or peanut butter, can help thicken the nice cream while also adding a delicious nutty flavor.
How to Store Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream
- This icecream is best eaten within 1-2 days. The longer it is left frozen the harder it’d be to scoop. For best icecream consistency, take container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it’s in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the icecream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender to ensure the best results.
Vegan Pumpkin Nice Cream Made in the Food Processor
- 3 ripe medium bananas , about 300 grams
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree , or up to 100 grams
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Peel and slice the bananas to 1 inch slices
- Spread the banana slices inside a 1 gallon ziploc bag and freeze overnight (or until frozen solid)
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, blend frozen banana slices and the rest of the ingredients together until smooth
- Serve immediately as a soft serve, or pour into a lidded container, preferably glass (like pyrex). Cover and freeze.
- For best icecream consistency, take container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
Leave a Reply