This Creamy Pistachio Nice Cream Recipe is a guilt-free and delicious treat that's perfect for summer! Made with just 2 ingredients: frozen ripe bananas and pistachio butter, this nice cream is a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream. Vegan-friendly, too! This creamy and nutty frozen treat is also packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Why I love this nice cream recipe
- Quick and easy to make.
- Healthier than traditional ice cream.
- Low calorie dessert
- Makes the best guilt-free treat!
Ingredients Used To Make 2 Ingredient Vegan Pistachio Nice Cream
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas - We'll need frozen bananas to make nice cream. Simply peel and slice the bananas into chunks - then freeze until solid. Once frozen, the the banana chunks can be blended together to make nice cream. For the best flavor, use bananas that are ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots!
- Pistachio Butter – I bought my pistachio butter online on Amazon (see link), but you can also make your own. Here’s a delicious homemade pistachio butter recipe from What Great Grandma Ate.
How can frozen bananas mimic ice cream texture for nice cream?
Frozen bananas can mimic the texture of ice cream in "nice cream" because they have a naturally creamy texture when blended, similar to soft serve ice cream. When bananas are frozen, the water inside them expands and creates tiny ice crystals. When blended, the ice crystals break down and create a smooth and creamy texture, similar to that of ice cream. Additionally, the natural sweetness of bananas means that no additional sugar is needed to make nice cream.
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Vegan Pistachio Nice Cream
Blend the frozen bananas and pistachio butter in a food processor or high-powered blender
You can eat this nice cream as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container, such as pyrex glass containers
Freezer for about 5 hours, or overnight.
How to Make this Nice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a small protein boost, you can also add a tablespoon or two of protein powder of your choice when blending. I've tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat Vegan Pistachio Nice Cream?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with agave syrup, honey, maple syrup, or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store Vegan Pistachio Nice Cream
- This nice cream needs to be stored in the freezer and tastes best within a few days, but it can be frozen for up to 3 months. For the best nice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins when you're ready to eat. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
2-Ingredient Vegan Pistachio Nice Cream
- 4 medium bananas , sliced and frozen until solid
- ⅓ cup pistachio butter
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with pistachio butter until smooth
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat