This sweet, creamy and homemade birthday cake nice cream recipe is just as fun and sweet as it looks! Made with frozen bananas, almond milk, vanilla and confetti sprinkles, this recipe only takes minutes to whip up in the food processor and perfect for those on a vegan, nut free or gluten free diet.
Ingredients used to make this confetti birthday cake nice cream
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas – best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Vanilla Extract – for the birthday cake flavor, of course!
- Almond Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk. You can also use other milk you have at home. The creaminess of oat milk goes really well with this recipe.
- Sprinkles – I like using the Wilton Rainbow Sprinkles for most of my recipes. Here’s the link, below:
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Birthday Cake Nice Cream
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them, which is what I did here.
Blend the frozen bananas with the almond milk and vanilla extract in a food processor or high-powered blender
Have a quick taste, and add more sweetener if desired. Add confetti sprinkles at the end
You can eat it as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container, such as pyrex glass containers
Freeze for about 5 hours, or overnight.
How to Make this Birthday Cake Nice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a small protein boost, you can also add a tablespoon or two of protein powder of your choice when blending. I’ve tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat these?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store
- This birthday cake nice cream should be eaten immediately or frozen, and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. For the best nice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it’s in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
More Healthy Ice Cream / Nice Cream Recipes (HERE)
Confetti Birthday Cake Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 medium bananas , about 450 grams
- 2 Tbsp almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup confetti sprinkles
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with milk and vanilla extract until smooth
- Do a quick taste test, and blend in sweetener if desired**
- Stir in confetti sprinkles
- Eat immediately as soft serve, or freeze in an airtight container for 6-8 hours until frozen.