Here’s a nice cream recipe that combines sweet, salty and nutty all together! Like all my favorite nice cream recipes, this Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Nice Cream Recipe is simple and easy, and prepared all in the food processor. The frozen bananas and peanut butter make a fantastic pairing, and if the bananas aren’t sweet enough you can even add some honey or maple syrup to make these sweeter!
Ingredients used to make this Peanut Butter Nice Cream recipe
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas – best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Peanut Butter – any kind works. You can also use other nut butters like cashew, or almond.
- Maple Syrup or Honey – you can use honey for this recipe but for vegan options, you’re welcome to use other sweeteners of choice like maple syrup, agave syrup, or liquid stevia. You can also use granulated sugars, such as coconut sugar (be careful though, as it will change the color) or monk fruit sweetener.
- Roasted Peanuts – I used the salted kind
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Peanut Butter Nice Cream
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them, which is what I did here.
Blend the frozen bananas and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
Have a quick taste, and add more sweetener if desired.
You can eat this nice cream as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container, such as pyrex glass containers. I sprinkled the top with extra roasted peanuts for more crunch.
Freezer for about 5 hours, or overnight, and scoop it up!
How to Make this Nice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a small protein boost, you can also add a tablespoon or two of protein powder of your choice when blending. I’ve tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat Peanut Butter Nice Cream Recipe?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
- With extra roasted peanuts on top
How to Store Peanut Butter Nice Cream Recipe
- This nice cream needs to be stored in the freezer and tastes best within a few days, but it can be frozen for up to 3 months. For the best nice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins when you’re ready to eat. If it’s in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
More Healthy Ice Cream / Nice Cream Recipes (HERE)
Salty & Sweet Peanut Butter Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 medium bananas , about 450 grams
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter , any kind
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts , plus more for topping
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with peanut butter, milk and 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts until smooth
- Do a quick taste test, and blend in sweetener if desired**
- Stir in additional roasted peanuts
- Eat immediately as soft serve, or freeze in an airtight container for 6-8 hours until compeltely frozen.