Tart and sweet, with a cold chocolate shell, these chocolate-covered raspberry nice cream bars make perfect summertime treats
Ingredients used to make this chocolate-covered raspberry nice cream bars
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas - best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Honey - I used honey for this recipe but you can use other sweeteners of choice like maple syrup, agave syrup, or liquid stevia, You can also use granulated sugars, such as coconut sugar (be careful though, as it will change the color) or monk fruit sweetener.
- Raspberries - fresh or frozen.
More Berry Based Recipes
How to Make
Chocolate-covered raspberry nice cream bars
Slice and freeze bananas
Blend the frozen bananas and rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
Eat as soft serve or freeze in a silicone ice cream bar molds
Cover in melted chocolate
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a protein boost, you can also add a Tablespoon of protein powder of your choice when blending. I've tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat these?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store
- This raspberry banana icecream is best eaten within 1-2 days. The longer it is left frozen the harder it'd be to scoop. For best icecream consistency, take container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the banana icecream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender to ensure the best results.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Raspberry Nice Cream Bars
- 3 medium bananas , about 300 grams
- ½ cup raspberries, frozen , or up to 100 grams
- 3 Tbsp granulated or liquid sweetener of choice*
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice
- Peel and slice the bananas to 1 inch slices
- Spread the banana slices and raspberries inside a 1 gallon ziploc bag and freeze overnight (or until frozen solid)
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, blend frozen banana slices and the rest of the ingredients together until smooth
- Pour into silicone ice cream bar molds and freeze.
- When the ice cream bars are ready, melt the chocolate chips in a coffee mug (or other tall microwaveable container) in the microwave by heating it for 40-60 seconds, stopping and stirring every 20 seconds.
- Dip the frozen icecream bars in the melted chocolate, shake to get rid of the excess chocolate before it sets.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat