Here’s a nice cream flavor you don’t see often: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nice Cream. It sounds crazy and you might wonder if cereal and ice cream go well together, but it turns out it does! This recipe is also quite easy to make, and unlike other ice cream recipes, you don’t need an ice cream maker for this either. Just gather some frozen bananas, almond milk, cinnamon powder and of course, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, blend together, and it’s done!
Sweet and cinnamony, this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nice Cream is a fun dessert or snack idea. If you wanted, you could even have it with milk!
Ingredients used to make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nice Cream
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas – best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal – you know the one. These square cereal pieces are pretty much blasted with sugar and cinnamon, and that’s great because it’s what’s going to sweeten and spice up our banana nice cream mixture.
- Cinnamon powder – for the extra flavor
- Almond Milk
- Cinnamon Sugar – this is what we’ll use as our topping.
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nice Cream
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them, which is what I did here.
Blend the frozen bananas with almond milk, cinnamon toast crunch cereal and cinnamon powder in a food processor or high-powered blender
Have a quick taste, and add more sweetener if desired.
You can eat this nice cream as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container, such as pyrex glass containers
Sprinkle with more cereal and cinnamon sugar, and freeze for about 5 hours, or overnight.
How to Make this Nice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a small protein boost, you can also add a tablespoon or two of protein powder of your choice when blending. I’ve tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nice Cream?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
- With milk? I tried it on a whim and actually liked it 🙂
How to Store
- This nice cream needs to be stored in the freezer and tastes best within a few days, but it can be frozen for up to 3 months. For the best nice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins when you’re ready to eat. If it’s in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
More Healthy Ice Cream / Nice Cream Recipes (HERE)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 medium bananas , about 450 grams
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal and more for topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon sugar , for topping
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with cereal, cinnamon and almond milk until smooth
- Do a quick taste test, and blend in sweetener if desired**
- Top with more cereal and cinnamon sugar
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat