All you need are 3 ingredients to make this cold and creamy Lotus Biscoff Ice Cream at home. Frozen bananas are the main ingredient in this healthy nice cream recipe, and the deep caramel and buttery flavor comes from the added Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter, which is blended together in a food processor and frozen overnight. Keep scrolling down for this indulgent yet better-for-you summer recipe your whole family can enjoy.
Lotus Biscoff cookies happen to be one of my favorite guilty treats. That’s why I make a lot of effort into creating recipes that incorporate these buttery sweet cookies in a healthy way. This Lotus Biscoff nice cream is just that - it’s an easy three-ingredient recipe that uses frozen bananas to provide the creaminess of real ice cream, with the Lotus Biscoff cookies providing the distinctive deep caramel flavor.
Is Nice Cream Healthier than Regular Ice Cream?
Yes! Nice Cream is a healthy, alternative ice cream that uses more wholesome ingredients such as frozen bananas as the primary ingredient. And it works because when frozen and blended in the food processor, the banana's thick consistency tastes and feels like a creamy scoop of ice cream.
Here are all the reasons why I love this Biscoff nice cream:
- no churn, made in the food processor or a high-power blender
- only 3 ingredients
- low calorie, low fat, and healthy
- vegan (yes, Biscoff cookies are actually vegan)
Scroll down for the step by step guide to making this Healthier Nutella Nice Cream
Ingredients used to make this biscoff ice cream recipe
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas - best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Biscoff Cookie Butter - like this one
- Almond Milk - or any milk of choice
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Biscoff Nice Cream
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them, which is what I did here.
Blend the frozen bananas and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
Have a quick taste, and add more cookie butter or sweetener if desired.
You can eat this nice cream as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container or mini loaf pan that's been lined with parchment.
Freeze for about 5 hours, or overnight.
How to Make this Lotus Biscoff Ice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- For a small protein boost, you can also add a tablespoon or two of protein powder of your choice when blending. I've tried using an unsweetened plant-based protein powder with good results.
What are some ways you can eat these?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store Biscoff Nice Cream
- This nice cream needs to be stored in the freezer and tastes best within a few days, but it can be frozen for up to 3 months. For the best nice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins when you're ready to eat. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
More Healthy Ice Cream / Nice Cream Recipes (HERE)
Healthier Biscoff Nice Cream Recipe
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with Biscoff butter and almond milk until smooth.
- Eat immediately as soft serve, or freeze in an airtight container for 6-8 hours until compeltely frozen.