Fudge pops, fudgsicles, whatever you call them, they are no doubt the best solution for a frosty chocolate fix. But can we make them without any added sugars? It turns out yes, we can. And it’s all thanks to these 3 ingredients: avocados, bananas and cocoa powder. Keep reading to see how you can make these Chocolate Avocado Fudge Pops!
The avocados make these fudge pops smooth and silky, while the ripe frozen bananas provide all the sweetness without any sugar.
Ingredients used to make these Chocolate Avocado Fudge Pops
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas – best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Avocados – soft and ripe, for the best texture
- Dark Cocoa Powder – any kind works, but I like using the dark chocolate kind (like this one) for this recipe.
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Fudge Pops
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them, which is what I did here.
add the frozen bananas and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender
blend until smooth
scoop the ice cream mixture into popsicle molds
Freeze for about 5 hours, or overnight. Enjoy!
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Fudge Pops Healthier
- Make this even healthier by sprinkling some nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
How to Store Chocolate Avocado Fudge Pops
- These fudge pops need to be stored in the freezer, and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the nice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
More Healthy Ice Cream / Nice Cream Recipes (HERE)
Chocolate Avocado Fudge Pops
- 4 medium bananas , about 450 grams
- 1 medium avocado , soft and ripe (about 100 grams)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with avocado, and cocoa powder until smooth
- Pour into popsicle mold and freeze for about 5 hours until solid
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat