Here's a simple, easy honey avocado nice cream recipe that only requires 3 ingredients: honey, avocado and frozen bananas! Sweet and silky, this Honey Avocado Nice Cream is prepared in the food processor, and can be made in just a few simple steps!
Ingredients used to make Honey Avocado Nice Cream
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Bananas - best when ripe. The sweetest ones are yellow with brown spots.
- Avocados - ripe/soft avocados will give you the best texture on this ice cream
- Honey - honey pairs really well with the other ingredients in this recipe. It highlights the slightly earthy flavor of the avocados and the tropical sweetness of the bananas. For a vegan option, you can also use maple syrup.
More Banana Recipes (HERE)
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Honey Avocado Nice Cream
Slice and freeze bananas. You can also freeze the bananas first, then slice them instead
Blend the frozen bananas, avocados and honey in a food processor or high-powered blender
Have a quick taste, and add more honey if desired.
You can eat this ice cream as soft serve or freeze it in a freezer-safe container, such as pyrex glass containers
Cover and freeze for about 5 hours, or overnight.
Scoop and enjoy!
How to Make this Nice Cream Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, or seeds to add texture and nutrition before freezing.
- Sometimes, I like to add 1-2 Tbsp of lemon juice to the avocado nice cream
What are some ways you can eat Honey Avocado Nice Cream?
- In a bowl or cup, drizzled with more honey
- Stacked on a waffle or sugar cone
How to Store Honey Avocado Nice Cream
- This Honey Avocado Nice Cream Recipe needs to be stored in the freezer and tastes best within a few days, but it can be frozen for up to 3 months. For the best ice cream consistency, take the container out of the freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 10 mins when you're ready to eat. If it's in a microwaveable container, you can also microwave it for 15 seconds until softened.
- Use ripened bananas for the best results!
- While a food processor will give you the best consistency for the ice cream, you can also use a high-powered blender (such as Vitamix) that comes with a tamper. Use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of the blender, and add 2-4 Tbsp of almond milk if needed.
More Healthy Ice Cream / Nice Cream Recipes (HERE)
Honey Avocado Nice Cream Recipe
- 4 medium bananas , about 450 grams
- 1 medium avocado , soft and ripe (about 100 grams)
- ¼ cup honey*
- Peel and freeze bananas until completely solid, about 8 hours
- Slice the frozen bananas to 1 inch slices
- In a food processor or high-powered blender with a tamper* blend frozen banana slices with avocado, and honey until smooth
- Do a quick taste test, and blend in additional honey if desired**
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat
Leave a Reply