These white chocolate raspberry protein bars are thick and chewy–my healthier take on the store-bought Quest Bars! Made with almond butter, oats, fresh raspberries and plant-based protein powder, this delicious recipe is not only gluten-free and vegan, but also actually good for you. What’s more, it requires only 5 ingredients and can be made at home in under 10 minutes!
Texture is everything to me, and sometimes I eat protein bars because I love biting into a dense and chewy snack. Since Quest bars have that kind of addicting texture, I wanted to try replicating it in my own kitchen using healthier ingredients.
Here’s why I love this recipe
- easy to prepare
- only 6 ingredients
- gluten free and vegan
Ingredients used to make White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bars
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Raspberries– Fresh or defrosted from frozen. You’ll be mashing the berries with a fork (see pics).
- Protein Powder – You can use any protein powder for this, but I found that whey protein tends to produce gummier results. My go-to protein powder is a vanilla plant-based protein powder, like this one below.
- Oat Flour, or Ground up Oatmeal – I made my own oat flour by blending old-fashioned oats in a mini blender until very fine. No subs for this one. The oats are what makes these protein bars extra chewy!
- Almond butter – I used the natural drippy kind of almond butter. You can use other natural nut or seed butters in this recipe.
- White Chocolate – any kind. I chopped them roughly using a sharp knife.
More Berry Recipes (HERE)
How to Make
White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bars
Mix together protein powder, almond butter, oat flour and raspberries – I first used a fork to mash the berries into smaller pieces, then used my hands to mix the dough to knead and press the dough into shape
Add the chopped white chocolate. Do a quick taste test and add 1-2 Tbsp of sugar if desired.
Shape the dough into a flat, rectangular shaped mound. For the best results, wrap in plastic wrap, then let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
slice into bars
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- Feel free to experiment with natural flavoring / extracts. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts.
- You can use other fresh berries to replace the raspberries
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition. Even better, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Store White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bars
- Store these protein bars covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- You can also freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
More Protein Bar Recipes (HERE)
- Protein powders are all very different depending on brands, so if you find that the dough is too soft, add more protein powder, 1 Tablespoon at a time; if the dough is too thick, add a teaspoon or more of water, honey or liquid sweetener of choice.
- Try to keep the almond butter measurement as close to the recipe as possible. The 1/4 cup of almond butter I used was equal to 64 grams
White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bars (Quest Bar Copycat)
- 1/4 cup almond butter* 1/4 cup = 64 grams
- 1/4 c vanilla protein powder , packed
- 1/4 c oat flour or ground up oats
- 8 raspberries fresh or thawed from frozen
- 2 Tbsp chopped white chocolate
- Mix together protein powder, almond butter, oat flour and raspberries – I first used a fork to mash the berries into smaller pieces, then used my hands to mix the dough to knead and press the dough into shape
- Add the chopped white chocolate. Do a quick taste test and add 1-2 Tbsp of sugar if desired.
- Slice into bars. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply