This elegant but simple Honey Mascarpone Whipped Cream (Chantilly Cream) recipe takes only minutes to make and will transform any cake or pastries into a sophisticated cafe-quality treat.
Why I Love this Honey Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Easy to make and only takes minutes to make
- Irresistible Flavor - the combination of mascarpone, honey and airy whipped cream creates a delightful fusion of sweetness that's hard to resist.
- So versatile - a versatile topping that can enhance any cake, pies and pastries
Ingredients Used to Make Honey Mascarpone Whipped Cream
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store or other online retailers. They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Heavy Cream - this is the main ingredient of whipped cream. When heavy cream is aerated (air is incorporated) it becomes a light and fluffy consistency that can be a delightful addition to cakes and desserts. For best results, choose heavy cream with a high fat content, ideally around 36-40%. Higher fat content contributes to a richer and creamier texture.
- Mascarpone Cheese - this soft Italian cheese is a creamier, slightly sweeter version of cream cheese that will give this whipped cream a rich flavor and tetxure. You can usually find this ingredient in the deli section, but you can also use regular or reduced fat cream cheese instead.
- Honey of Choice - use any kind you have at home. I used this honey.
- Pure Vanilla Extract - this ingredient adds a touch of warm and aromatic flavors to your whipped cream, but not required. You can also use other extract of choice, such as almond extract, coffee extract or peppermint extract.
- Hand mixer or stand mixer - these tools will help you whip the cream efficiently. A hand mixer is easier for smaller batches (for whipping 2 cups of heavy cream or less), while a stand mixer is great for bigger ones.
- Piping Bag - If you plan to decorate desserts or pastries with your whipped cream, a piping bag will help you do exactly that. It provides precision and control when dispensing the cream onto your treats, allowing for beautiful and decorative designs. I used a disposable piping bag like this one.
- Piping Tip of choice - I used this Ateco 849 Closed Star Piping Tip.
Honey & Mascarpone Whipped Cream (Chantilly Cream) Recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
- Make sure the Mascarpone cheese is softened to room temperature. This will ensure a smooth consistency when blending it with the other ingredients.
- For best results, chill mixing bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes before whipping. Keep heavy cream cold in the fridge until then.
- In a mixing bowl, add the room temperature Mascarpone cheese and honey. Use a hand mixer to beat the cheese and honey together. The mixture should be creamy, and it is important to prevent lumps in the finished whipped cream.
- Once the cheese and honey are well combined, pour in the heavy cream and add the vanilla extract.
- Begin whipping the mixture at low speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium-high until well blended.
- Finish whipping until stiff peaks form. This means the whipped cream should be thick and hold its shape when the beaters are lifted (see pic)
- Yields approximately 2 ½ cups of whipped cream
- If you have leftover whipped cream, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep well for 1-2 days. You may need to re-whip it for a few seconds to restore the desired consistency.
- Use the freshly whipped cream to top your favorite desserts, such as cakes, pies, fruits and more.