This moist, honey-sweetened pumpkin bread is incredibly moist, and has a luscious cream cheese filling that will have you savoring every decadent bite, and rest assured, there won't be a single crumb left behind.
This homemade pumpkin loaf has a super moist texture that will stay soft for days. It’s the best treat for breakfast or dessert. I love serving a thick slice of this Honey Pumpkin Bread with a honey-sweetened tea or coffee
Ingredients Used to Make This Honey Pumpkin Bread
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
Honey Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour - You can use any brand of All-Purpose Flour. I haven't tried this recipe with whole wheat flour, oat flour or other gluten-free flour blends, so substitute at your own risk!
- Almond Flour - Almond flour contributes to a softer, more tender texture in this pumpkin bread recipe. Because it's naturally gluten-free, the almond flour helps reduce overmixing and minimizes gluten-formation in the bread.
- Salt - any kind. I used Pink Himalayan Salt
- Baking Powder - if you need to substitute, 3 tsp of baking powder is equivalent to about 1 tsp baking soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - if you don't have pumpkin pie spice on hand, replace 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice with ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ⅛ tsp ground cloves, and ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg. You can also just use 1 tsp of cinnamon without the other spices.
- Honey - honey will not only provide sweetness but contribute to a super moist textured pumpkin bread that will stay soft for days!
- Pumpkin puree - I used canned pumpkin puree, which you can find in the baking aisle. I have not tried this recipe using fresh pumpkin, so substitute at your own risk!
- Light Olive Oil - I like using light olive oil since it has a neutral flavor, but you can also any cooking oil of your choice like coconut oil, or avocado oil instead
- Milk of Choice – I used unsweetened almond milk, but any milk (dairy or dairy free) works in this recipe.
Filling Ingredients (Optional)
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
Frosting Ingredients (Optional)
- Simple Cream Cheese Glaze made with ½ cup powdered sugar + 2 tsp of cream cheese and 1-2 tsp of water
Pumpkin Bread Add In Variations:
- Pumpkin bread can be wonderfully versatile, and I've gathered some add in and filling ideas here in this post to take your pumpkin bread to the next level.
Step by Step Guide
How to Make Honey Pumpkin Bread
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a standard loaf pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir gently until the batter comes together.
The batter will be thick, but if there are still dry ingredients remaining, you can add 1-2 Tbsp more almond milk.
Pour half of the pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly. Spoon the cream cheese filling over the pumpkin batter layer, trying to keep it away from the edges.
Carefully spoon the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese layer and spread it evenly.
Bake the Pumpkin Loaf in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Bake the Pumpkin Bread in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Once cooled for ~10 minutes, pour on glaze of choice. I used a Low Fat Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Glaze
What are some ways you can eat Honey Pumpkin Bread?
- Plain and warm, served with jam or butter
- Frosted with my 2-Ingredient Almond Butter Frosting , or this Healthy Powdered Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting
- Toasted in the Air Fryer, an drizzled with honey, maple syrup, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Dusted with powdered sugar or sugar-free powdered sugar. Just make sure you use a sieve to sift the sugar on top!
How to Store Honey Pumpkin Bread
- You can store any leftover pumpkin bread covered at room temperature for up to a day. For longer storage, you can place them in a plastic freezer bag or airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days, or freeze up to 4 months.
More Frosting & Glaze Ideas for Pumpkin Bread
Get creative with these scrumptious glaze and frosting ideas to complement the warm flavors of your pumpkin bread
What to Do with Leftover Pumpkin Puree - See Ideas HERE
Dealing with leftover pumpkin puree can be quite frustrating! Especially since the leftover is often not enough to make a full recipe, and it seems like a waste to throw it away. Below are some pumpkin puree recipes that require only about ½ cup of pumpkin puree:
- Use batter right away after prep. The batter will deflate over time, so I've found that you don’t want the batter sitting out on the counter for too long.
- Prevent Over-browning - Depending on your oven or where your bread is placed inside the oven, the top of your bread may start to brown. Check 40 minutes into baking to see if this is the case, and gently cover the top of the bread with aluminum foil. This helps prevent excessive browning while the bread continues to bake.
- Turn them into muffins! You can also bake this in a muffin pan instead of a cake pan. To adjust, reduce the cooking time from 50-60 minutes to 30-40 minutes.
Super Moist Honey Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl Filling
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
Cream Cheese Glaze(Optional!)
- 1 recipe LOW FAT LAUGHING COW CREAM CHEESE GLAZE , click on link to go to recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a standard loaf pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the cream cheese filling. Beat the low fat cream cheese and honey together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Ensure they are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, light olive oil, honey, and almond milk. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir until you have a smooth batter. The batter will be thick.
- Pour half of the pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling over the pumpkin batter layer, trying to keep it away from the edges.
- Carefully spoon the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese layer and spread it evenly.
- Bake the Pumpkin Loaf in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy! For best results, cool the pumpkin bread in the fridge overnight so that the cream cheese filling has a chance to firm up