Got a craving for chocolate? Learn how to make this intensely rich and healthy chocolate that’s prepared in the microwave and only takes minutes to take. It’s made using just 3 ingredients, one being refined (scentless) coconut oil. You won’t believe how easy it is to get your chocolate fix with this easy recipe! It’s also gluten-free, vegan and keto 🙂
Ingredients used to make this
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Refined Coconut Oil – You can use regular coconut oil, but I like to use refined coconut oil, like this one, because there’s less coconut flavor/scent.
- Cocoa Powder – any kind, usually found in the baking aisle
- Stevia – In order to keep this keto, I used stevia. You can also use 1 Tbsp of honey for this recipe or other liquid sweeteners of choice like maple syrup, agave syrup, or liquid stevia
More Chocolate Recipes (HERE)
How to Make
Scroll down for full recipe
3-Ingredient Keto Chocolate Bar
Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Measure out the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds until melted.
Add the cocoa powder.
Add the stevia powder or liquid stevia, to taste.
Pour the coconut-cocoa mixture into a silicone chocolate bar mold. Let the chocolate harden in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
- You don’t have to keep this plain. Add some nuts, or dried fruits to add texture to this chocolate
- Coffee or mocha? Add either a teaspoon of coffee extract or espresso powder.
- With natural flavoring / extracts. Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as orange peel, or peppermint extract.
- You can also use different silicone mold shapes if you don’t have the chocolate bar mold.
- Dip the chocoalte mixture into fruit! Here’s the recipe link
How to Store
- The coconut oil in the chocolate makes it difficult for the chocolate to maintain its proper texture at room temperature. Store any leftover chocolate in the fridge. For longer storage, you can place them in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl (preferably glass, like this one)
Keto Chocolate Bars Made From Scratch (Low Carb, Vegan)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Measure out the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add the cocoa powder
- Add the stevia powder or liquid stevia, to taste.
- Pour the coconut-cocoa mixture into a silicone chocolate bar mold.
- Let the chocolate harden in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!**