A fine balance of warm and creamy texture with a sweet flavor, this Almond Butter Oatmeal with Sweet Potato & Pecan is the ultimate treat for breakfast lovers. It’s made with a combination of sweet potatoes and pecans that’s dressed up with maple syrup to add the sweetness you crave. The sweet potatoes pair up with the sweet and crunchy pecans, and don’t forget a generous dollop of peanut butter – it’s simply scrumptious and delicious!
How do you like to prepare your oatmeal?
With maple syrup and brown sugar? With cinnamon? With Fruit? Or maybe Savory?
I love oatmeal because there are so many ways you can eat them. I also love it because it’s associated with heart health, lowered cholesterol, blood sugar, obesity and digestive health. And because it’s so high in fiber, it keeps you full longer.
Now that fall is officially here I’ve been craving oatmeal again, and this quick and easy recipe has been all I’ve been eating these past few days.
Here’s how you can make it, too.
Ingredients Used to Make This Breakfast Bowl
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- The Base – quick or old-fashioned oats
- Stir Ins – almond butter and almond milk for extra creaminess
- Topping – cooked sweet potatoes, chopped pecans, maple syrup
- For the decoration – a dollop of sweetened white bean paste (shiro-an) and star anise.
ALMOND BUTTER OATMEAL WITH SWEET POTATO & PECAN
- Add all ingredients into a pot and boil on stovetop (medium heat) until thick and bubbly.
- Let it cool slightly before serving.
- Top with cooked sweet potatoes, chopped pecans and a little maple syrup to taste.
- I also piped a little swirl of shiro-an (sweetened white bean paste) because I had some left over in the fridge, but this is completely optional. The star anise is in the photo but only there for decoration.