These gorgeous White Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars are made with coconut yogurt, the secret behind the tangy sweet flavor and the boost of probiotics make it an excellent breakfast treat. They are quick and easy to make, to go, and chocolate covered for an extra special touch! All you need is 7 ingredients that you most likely already have at home if you love coconut: coconut flour, coconut yogurt, dried coconut, protein powder, milk, sugar of choice, and white chocolate.
Ingredients used to make White Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars
**I’ve linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Protein Powder – You can use any protein powder for this, but in this recipe I used a vanilla plant-based protein powder, like this one below.
- Coconut Flour – you can use any brand of coconut flour for this recipe. Here is a brand of coconut flour I like to use.
- Coconut Yogurt – if you don’t have coconut yogurt at home you can also use regular yogurt or yogurt made from almond milk. Feel free to use cream of coconut if you’re feeling indulgent!
- Desiccated Coconut – for texture
- White chocolate chips – you can use any white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate), but to make these low-carb, use a lower sugar, stevia sweetened brand instead. For a dairy-free, vegan alternative, try this brand.
More Delicious Recipes
How to Make
White Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars
Mix together – I find that it’s best to use my hands to mix the dough because it takes some kneading and pressing to get the dough to come together.
Mold the dough into a rectangular shape, wrap in plastic wrap or an airtight container, and let the dough set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Slice into bars and coat in chocolate
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for White Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars:
- Feel free to experiment with natural flavoring / extracts. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (I didn’t feel like it was essential so I left it out in this recipe), or other flavorings or extracts, such as lemon extract or cream cheese extract.
How to Make this Healthier
- Make this even healthier by adding a handful of nuts, seeds and old-fashioned oats to add texture and nutrition. Even better, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Store White Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars
- Store these protein bars covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
SEE MORE OF MY PROTEIN RECIPES HERE
- Coconut flour and protein powders are all very different depending on brands, so if you find that the dough is too soft, add more coconut flour; if the dough is too thick, add a teaspoon or more of water, honey or liquid sweetener of choice.
White Chocolate Coconut Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp dried coconut slices
- Mix together all the protein bar ingredients together, except the chocolate + coconut slices we'll use for coating
- Add more milk to the mixture if needed
- Shape dough into a rectangular mound, then wrap in plastic wrap or an airtight container, and let the dough set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, until quite solid.
- Slice into bars.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second bursts until melted, stirring in between.**
- Dip the protein bars into the melted chocolate and then set it aside on a clean parchment paper. Drizzle with more chocolate if desired and sprinkle with dried coconut slices
- Let the chocolate set before enjoying.