If you’re like me, you know spiced wine is a must-have during the fall and winter holidays. The warm, comforting drink is sweet and spicy in perfect balance — it’s just what the season tastes like. Of course, not everyone can or wants to drink alcohol, and that’s okay. The question is, can you make non-alcoholic spiced wine? And is it any good?
That’s where Seedlip Spice 94 comes in. The botanical infusion with hints of cardamom and allspice and the loveliest citrus undertones elevates the orange spiced ‘wine’ below, making it a fantastic seasonal mocktail that looks and tastes almost as good as the real deal.
Red grape juice, pomegranate juice and Seedlip are the base for this zero-alcohol spiced wine, while cinnamon and orange slices add to the drink the holiday’s spirit.
Ingredients Used to Make This Non-Alcoholic Spiced Wine
**Note that these are affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Non-Alcoholic Spirit of Choice– I used SEEDLIP Grove 42. a Zero-Proof spirit and botanical infusion with hints of cardamom and allspice and citrus undertones
- Red Grape Juice
- Pomegranate Juice
- Sliced Oranges – I used naval oranges, but you can also use blood oranges to add more color
HOW ARE NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS MADE?
According to the Seedlip website, their spirits take six weeks to make & involves bespoke maceration, copper pot distillation, blending & filtration for each individual ingredient. It is then blended and bottled.
WHAT’S THE NUTRITIONAL PROFILE OF NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS?
As far as I can tell, most non-alcoholic brands present themselves as sugar-free and sweetener-free. Most are also suitable for those in a gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and low-carb diet.
WHERE TO BUY NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS
- Pre-chill your ingredients before building your cocktail. You can do this by putting all the ingredients in the fridge at least 3 hours before using.
More Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes You’ll Love
Non-Alcoholic Orange Spiced “Wine”
- 1 cup Red grape juice
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice , or more grape juice
- 1-2 Tbsp liquid stevia* more if you like sweeter wines
- 2 cups Sliced oranges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cloves (optional)
- 2 cups Seedlip Grove 94 pre-chilled
- In a small saucepan, heat the red grape juice, pomegranate juice, liquid stevia until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the prepared sliced oranges, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Let rest until room temperature
- Take out the cinnamon stick and cloves. Mix all the liquid ingredients together** in a large pitcher and add the fresh fruit slices.
- Add the Seedlip Grove 94
- Refrigerate overnight, or about 8 hours, for best flavor