The only thing better than a traditional sangria is a white sangria, am I right? The tanginess and fruity sweetness make this drink such a crowd-pleaser perfect for parties and laid-back get-togethers. And although you might think alcohol has something to do with the sangria’s party-pleasing personality, you’ll be happy to know I discovered it doesn’t.
In case you haven’t discovered Seedlip Grove 42, know that it’s a craft zero-proof distilled drink flavored with bitter oranges, blood oranges, lemongrass, lemon peels, mandarin and ginger. When mixed with white grape juice, a splash of lemon juice and seasonal fresh fruit, you get one mean non-alcoholic white sangria.
There’s plenty of room for customization in this one, by the way. Add your favorite fruit, from apple slices to morello cherries, and see your sangria get a new feel right in front of your eyes. How cool is that?
Ingredients Used to Make This Non-Alcoholic White Sangria
**Note that these are affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Non-Alcoholic Spirit of Choice– I used SEEDLIP Grove 42. a Zero-Proof spirit that’s distilled from a blend of Bitter Orange, Blood Orange, Orange, Lemongrass, Lemon, Mandarin, Ginger. Super trendy – it tastes just like a citrusy gin without the alcohol kick.
- White Grape Juice – available in the juice aisle – but also online on Amazon, too.
- Whole Lemons – for the lemon slices and fresh lemon juice
- Fresh Fruits of choice – go for the seasonal, local fruits for the best flavor. I used white nectarines, lemons and lime, but you can also add crushed white grapes, apples, naval oranges, and more!
HOW ARE NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS MADE?
According to the Seedlip website, their spirits take six weeks to make & involves bespoke maceration, copper pot distillation, blending & filtration for each individual ingredient. It is then blended and bottled.
WHAT’S THE NUTRITIONAL PROFILE OF NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS?
As far as I can tell, most non-alcoholic brands present themselves as sugar-free and sweetener-free. Most are also suitable for those in a gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and low-carb diet.
WHERE TO BUY NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS
Because these spirits do not contain alcohol, you can buy them online through the brand website, or online retailers such as Amazon.
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for this Non-Alcoholic White Sangria
- Strawberry and Lemon Sangria – sliced strawberries and lemon wedges
- Citrus Medley – Naval Orange, Lemon and Lime slices
- Pear and Mint – Pear slices and crushed mint leaves
- Berries – raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Cucumber & Grape – cucumber slices and crushed green grapes
- Pre-chill your ingredients before building your cocktail. You can do this by putting all the ingredients in the fridge at least 3 hours before using.
More Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes You’ll Love
Non-Alcoholic White Sangria
- 2 cups Seedlip Grove 42 pre-chilled
- 2 cups White grape juice
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp liquid stevia* more if you like sweeter sangria
- 2 cups fresh fruit slices, such as white nectarines, lemon and lime
- Mix all the liquid ingredients together** in a large pitcher and add the fresh fruit slices.
- Refrigerate overnight, or about 8 hours, for best flavor