Here's a cool and refreshing non-alcoholic citrus cocktail concocted with SEEDLIP Grove 42, a non-alcoholic (zero-proof) spirit. The addition of rosemary stevia syrup takes this drink to new flavor levels!
For a non-alcoholic spirit, Seedlip has really taken off! The pioneering zero-alcohol drink has opened a world of possibilities for mocktails and creative drinks, and we’re making the most out of them.
Making cocktails, or better said, mixed drinks, whether they have alcohol or not, is tons of fun. It never feels like cooking, and there’s lots of room for creativity. It’s hard to get mixed drinks wrong, and even when you do, you always have a second round to make up for it.
Drinks are also fantastic ways to complement your dinner parties; they enhance the culinary experience and let’s say it out loud, we all need a drink from time to time. It doesn’t have to be boozy — it just needs to be beautiful.
Beautiful is an excellent way of describing today’s non-alcoholic lemon rosemary Seedlip cocktail. And although you’ll only need five ingredients and there are many substitutions available, there’s some skill involved: we’re making our very own rosemary syrup.
Yes, get as excited as I am because this apparently simple concoction is super versatile and will elevate your drink-mixing game to new heights. Put on your bartender hat and let’s fix ourselves a drink.
In this recipe, SEEDLIP Grove 42 is used as a base and provides a blend of citrus flavors like orange, lemongrass, mandarin and bitter orange. The lemon juice and rosemary complement these flavors amazingly.
Ingredients Used to Make This Non-Alcoholic Lemon Rosemary Cocktail
**Note that these are affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Non-Alcoholic Spirit of Choice- I used SEEDLIP Grove 42. a Zero-Proof spirit that's distilled from a blend of Bitter Orange, Blood Orange, Orange, Lemongrass, Lemon, Mandarin, Ginger.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice
- Rosemary - for the rosemary stevia syrup and for garnish
- Liquid Stevia - like Pyure, or other sweetener of choice
HOW ARE NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS MADE?
According to the Seedlip website, their spirits take six weeks to make & involves bespoke maceration, copper pot distillation, blending & filtration for each individual ingredient. It is then blended and bottled.
WHAT’S THE NUTRITIONAL PROFILE OF NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS?
As far as I can tell, most non-alcoholic brands present themselves as sugar-free and sweetener-free. Most are also suitable for those in a gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and low-carb diet.
WHERE TO BUY NON-ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS
Because these spirits do not contain alcohol, you can buy them online through the brand website, or online retailers such as Amazon.
HOW DOES SEEDLIP GROVE 42 SPIRIT TASTE LIKE?
According to the website, Seedlip Grove 42 offers “a zesty and warm blend of Orange, Lemongrass & Ginger. Seedlip Grove 42 is a complex, citrus-forward blend of Lemon & three types of Orange (Bitter Orange, Mandarin & Blood Orange) & uplifting spice distillates (Ginger & Lemongrass).”
Personally, I wished the flavor was stronger and less diluted. Most of what I tasted was on the label: refreshing citrus notes, maybe a little bit of spiciness from the ginger. I liked how refreshing it smelled and tasted when I drank it cool and chilled, but the flavors were less noticeable once it was mixed into a drink.
How to make simple rosemary stevia syrup
In a small microwave-safe glass bowl (like pyrex), stir together 2 Tbsps of water, 2 Tbsps of loose rosemary leaves (detached from the stalk) and ½ Tbsp of liquid stevia. Microwave 20-30 seconds until hot, let the mixture cool completely (better if cooled overnight) and strain liquid. Discard rosemary leaves.
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins for this Lemon Rosemary Cocktail:
- Instead of lemon, you can use other citrus fruits. For example,
- Orange - sub lemon with orange
- Key Lime - use Key Limes instead of the lemon
- Mandarin - use mandarin oranges, you get the idea...
- Instead of Rosemary, try using
- Feel free to experiment with using different sweeteners. Instead of liquid stevia, you can use
- Agave Syrup
- Liquid Alluose or other sugar-free sweeteners.
- Finally, if you find this non-alcoholic cocktail slightly wanting, I would recommend adding a dash of bitters
- What are bitters? bitters are aromatic liquids that contain botanical extracts such as herbs, peels, flowers, tree bark or other natural ingredients. Bitters are added to cocktails to add dimension and complexity. Depending on what bitters you add, you could add spicy, sweet, sour, bitter, even salty flavors.
- You can buy bitters in the alcoholic beverage aisle, as well as online.
- Pre-chill your ingredients before building your cocktail. You can do this by putting all the ingredients in the fridge at least 3 hours before using.
More Non-Alcoholic Drinks You'll Love
Non-Alcoholic Lemon Rosemary Seedlip Cocktail
- martini glass
- Mix Seedlip and rosemary stevia syrup together
- Add lemon juice into the martini glass first, and carefully pour the seedlip-stevia mixture on top
- Garnish with slice of lemon and sprig of rosemary
In a small microwave-safe glass bowl (like pyrex), stir together 2 Tbsps of water, 2 Tbsps of loose rosemary leaves (detached from the stalk) and ½ Tbsp of liquid stevia. Microwave 20-30 seconds until hot, let the mixture cool completely (better if cooled overnight) and strain liquid. Discard rosemary leaves. **For best results, make sure all the ingredients are chilled before using