This healthy pumpkin chocolate frosting is perfect for those looking for a lighter and more nutritious alternative without compromising on flavor. Enjoy the goodness of peanut butter and cocoa with the delightful twist of pumpkin puree.
Ingredients Used to Make This healthy pumpkin chocolate frosting
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store (usually, the natural & organic food section). They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Peanut Butter Powder - PB powder is made by removing most of the oil from roasted peanuts and grinding them into a fine powder, resulting in a low-fat, high-protein alternative to traditional peanut butter. You can use brands like PB Fit, or PB2. I used a Sugar Free PB FIt powder for this recipe
- Pumpkin puree - I used canned pumpkin puree, which you can find in the baking aisle.
- Sugar of Choice – I used liquid stevia in this recipe to keep this recipe low-sugar and low carb, but granulated or powdered sugar are perfectly acceptable substitutes.
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered peanut butter and cocoa powder.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the bowl and mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Gradually add the almond milk to the mixture, starting with 3 tablespoons. Stir everything together until you achieve a smooth and spreadable consistency. If the frosting is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of almond milk and mix well.
- Likewise, if you find the frosting to be too thick or prefer a thinner consistency, add a little more almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Taste the frosting and adjust the sweetness by adding liquid stevia.
- Spread this healthy chocolate frosting generously on cakes, cupcakes, muffins, or brownies for a guilt-free and delicious treat!