This rich and luscious Coffee Whipped Cream is one of my favorite dessert topping creations, a simple yet delightful recipe with a bold coffee flavor and a secret ingredient (sweetened condensed milk) that will have your friends and family begging for the recipe!
Whether you dollop it onto your morning coffee, swirl it atop a slice of cake, or layer it in a parfait, the sumptuous coffee flavor, and the unique sweetness from condensed milk make this whipped cream a standout sensation.
Ingredients Used to Make This Sweet Coffee Whipped Cream
**I've linked some of these ingredients to amazon.com to give you an idea of what they are, but you should also be able to find them in your local grocery store or other online retailers. They are also affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission as an Amazon Associate if you decide to purchase the items. The price will be the same for you, link or no link 🙂
- Heavy Cream - this is the main ingredient of whipped cream. When heavy cream is aerated (air is incorporated) it becomes a light and fluffy consistency that can be a delightful addition to cakes and desserts. For best results, choose heavy cream with a high fat content, ideally around 36-40%. Higher fat content contributes to a richer and creamier texture.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - this is my secret ingredient for making whipped cream taste AMAZING. The rich, milky sweetness of the sweetened condensed milk almost makes the whipped cream taste like white chocolate, and also acts as a sweetener. And don't forget, we're mixing in coffee in there, so this cream filling is going to be divine.
- Pure Vanilla Extract - this ingredient adds a touch of warm and aromatic flavors to your whipped cream, but not required. You can also use other extract of choice, such as almond extract, coffee extract or peppermint extract.
- Instant Coffee Granules (also called dehydrated coffee) - We'll first have to make a "coffee paste" using instant coffee by mixing 1 Tbsp of instant coffee granules with 2 Tbsp heavy cream. Set aside until the coffee granules have all been dissolved, about 30 minutes. This is the instant coffee brand I like.
- SUBSTITUTION NOTE: Instead of using a "coffee paste" you can also use 1 tsp coffee extract or 2 tsp of espresso powder and add to the heavy cream before whipping.
- Hand mixer or stand mixer - these tools will help you whip the cream efficiently. A hand mixer is easier for smaller batches (for whipping 2 cups of heavy cream or less), while a stand mixer is great for bigger ones.
- Piping Bag - If you plan to decorate desserts or pastries with your whipped cream, a piping bag will help you do exactly that. It provides precision and control when dispensing the cream onto your treats, allowing for beautiful and decorative designs. I used a disposable piping bag like this one.
- Piping Tip of choice - I used this Ateco 849 Closed Star Piping Tip. I also like this Ateco 869 French Star Piping Tip
Rich & Sweet Coffee Whipped Cream with Sweet Condensed Milk
- Mix 1 Tbsp of instant coffee granules with 2 Tbsp heavy cream. Set aside until the coffee granules have all been dissolved, about 30 minutesTIP: if you're in a hurry, use this method: in a microwave safe bowl, heat the 2 Tbsp of cream in the microwave for 15 seconds and add the coffee granules and stir until fully dissolved
- Pour the rest of the heavy cream into the chilled mixing bowl. If you're using a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment. You can also use a hand mixer with beaters.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract
- Add the prepared coffee-cream paste.
- Begin whipping the cream at low speed, gradually increasing to high as it thickens.
- Whip the cream until it thickens and reaches stiff peaks, or until the beater starts to leave tracks in the cream (see pics)Note: Be careful not to over-whip, as it can turn into butter.
- Yields approximately 2 cups of whipped cream
- If you have leftover whipped cream, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep well for 1-2 days. You may need to re-whip it for a few seconds to restore the desired consistency.
- Use the freshly whipped cream to top your favorite desserts, such as cakes, pies, fruits, or hot beverages like coffee or hot chocolate. In the pic: flourless coffee roll cake with sweet coffee whipped cream