Replicate the spicy sweet flavors of your favorite Korean fried chicken sauce easily at home with my secret Korean Spicy "Fried Chicken" Sauce! This sticky sweet sauce boasts a delightful blend of garlic, gochujang, and dark soy sauce, packing some heat from the gochujang. The best part? It's vegan, and you can make it sugar-free, too. Use it as a marinade, dip, or drizzle to add a burst of Korean goodness to your dishes.
Korean Spicy "Fried Chicken" Sauce
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the heated oil and sauté for about 1 minute, or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low and carefully stir in the gochujang, sugar-free brown sugar, dark soy sauce, and ketchup.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Simmer the sauce over low heat for 3-4 minutes, allowing it to thicken and develop its flavors.
- Once the sauce reaches your desired consistency, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Transfer the Korean Spicy "Fried Chicken" Sauce to a clean, airtight container, and store it in the refrigerator.